Skip to main content

Finding Acceptance

Photo by Courtney Prather on Unsplash
If you were to ask a group of young people what they wanted most from their peers, you'd probably get a variety of different answers.

Some may say love, or support, or maybe even respect. But what all those boil down to is acceptance. 

We all want to feel accepted by the people around us. We want to be validated and be a part of the crowd.

So we may do and say things that we normally wouldn't. Because if we say and do those things, then the people around us will accept us.

But why do we crave the acceptance of others? Why do we crave feeling validated by someone who is in the same state of humanity as we are?

Human acceptance will never be enough. We'll only keep living the people-pleasing life that is shallow and based on other people. We will never find true joy from that kind of life.

But, God offers us something different. Something that is far more satisfying than the life of people-pleasing.

"Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." ~Matthew 11:28 kjv

Through Jesus Christ, we can be made accepted in God's sight. Unlike the people-pleasing life of doing all the right things to be accepted, Jesus tells us to come as we are. 

Jesus lived the perfect life that we can't, and if we only accept what He did for us on the cross, we can be accepted one day into Heaven when we die.

Stop trying to be accepted by the people around you, for their acceptance won't matter in eternity.

Instead, seek to be accepted by God - not by doing good works, going to church, or being baptized - but by believing on the Lord Jesus Christ as you Savior. 

I promise you'll never regret that decision.

<3 ashley

If you have questions about what it means to accept Jesus into your heart, I or any of the other girls from this blog would be more than happy to talk with you about it!

Comments

  1. Ashley great post! That really hit home for me. Sometimes I find myself wanting others to accept me and me them and I find myself looking to other's for help sometimes instand of looking to God for the answers. I know we all do sometime but we just need to trust God and ask Him for help instead of others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think this is something that we all struggle with. I will seek acceptance from others without even thinking about it! But I'm so glad that I don't need others acceptance; only God's which is freely given <3 So glad you liked this post, Naomi!

      Delete
  2. Thanks girl! It is so true too,😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Is God Enough?

Is God enough for you? This is a very important question. One that all Christians need to consider. Is God enough for you? Some of you may wonder what I mean by that question. Let me explain. Is God enough for you? Is He more important than your friends? Whatever popularity you may have? Your money? Your romantic relationships? Your family? Something I've been processing through recently, if I lost all these things, would God still be enough? Would I still be able to smile knowing God is in control? Would I still be able to find joy through the midst of trials? Would I still rely on God to give me everything I need? Because, you see, God is always enough. It's just a matter of whether we make Him enough for ourselves. Are you searching for happiness outside of God? Maybe you are searching for love and belonging inside the confines of a friendship, family, or a relationship. Maybe you're looking for happiness in money or popula

Whom Do You Say That I Am?

"He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God." ~Matthew 16:15-16 KJV One of the most important questions in history. Whom do you say that I am? Imagine Jesus, standing in front of you asking you this question. What would you say? "Well Jesus, there's a lot of people who say You were a prophet or just a good person, even a good moral teacher. They say..." But whom do you  say that I am? Who is Jesus? Was He just a good moral teacher or prophet? Did He come to earth to simply help people out? To help them with their problems? Or was He more than that? Your eternal destiny hinges on the way you answer this question. Our God is a personal God. He asks each of us individually to receive Him. He gives each of us the choice to decide if we're going to believe what's true or what's false. Because at the end of the day, He's still God regardless of wh

Don't Be Afraid to Stand Out

Photo by  Joshua Earle  on  Unsplash In our culture, there seems to be a lot of pressure to conform . You know, to fit in with everyone you're friends with, and only do what is 'culturally acceptable'. I find that there's a lot of pressure (shall we call it peer pressure ?), especially during the teen years. There's pressure to fit in - by getting into the cliques, by wearing "cool" clothes, and just by generally blending in with everyone around us. We want to be liked by our peers, and there's nothing wrong with that. But I'm here today to tell you: You don't have to conform. You don't have to be like everyone around you. You don't have to be the teenager who rebels, the guy who sleeps around, or the girl who goes to every single party. You don't have to be popular to be loved. Because that's what the culture says is cool. That's what the world around us is doing. You can rise above that. You can be so much mo